First time on my blog "Hide IP Soft?" Want to know more about Hide IP Soft? Need some fresh software to hide your IP?

Subscribe to blog updates by Email or RSS

Each week you will get a new post with a new Hide IP Soft. I promise you, my dear reader! Or you will unsubscribe :-)

Firstly, look at my Hide IP Soft Big List. You will like it.


Thursday, June 26, 2008

Secure Surfing without VPN

How to avoid using the VPN?
Mosof mу friends and colleagues hide their IP address by encoding the traffic from ISP. Sometimes they even compress a data with the help of VPN service. Some of them buy a new ISP access point that cannot guarantee the security either. Others run the service on their own PCs examining its details or just leave this task for server’s administrator.

VPN minuses in my opinion:
- It is workable for a couple of software only (3-4 actually)
- VPN tunnel use all Internet traffic (all Internet software are closed if VPN is disconnected with Internet)
- Additional software installation is required.

So, if you wish to secure your Internet connections you only need a little freeware utility software MyEntunnel and an account with SSH access to your (or not your) server. Install this utility and do some software settings: host name, login and password, tick off “Enable Dynamic SOCKS”. Other fields you may input as you wish. I recommend you to tick off “Enable Compression” if you have slow channel or you’d like to economize the traffic.









Settings Screenshot of my settings

Save the settings, and then connect. That's it! Port 7070 – is a default port (you can input any port). On the screenshot we can see SOCKS5 proxy server that is tunneled through SSH to your server.

You may set up any IM, browser or other software to work through this proxy. The software will work through encoded, compressed connection with a server without keeping logs, without proxies and VPNs.

If your software does not support SOCKS5 – you have to install an additional local interlayer protocol - > SOCKS. E.g. CCProxy (free for 3 users maximum). Input localhost: 7070 in "Options" - > "Advanced" - > "Cascading Proxy". Set up your software to CCProxy (more information about ports you may find in “Options” - > “Configuration”)

In addition, I want to say that MyEntunnel is just GUI for plink utility (a command-line interface to the PuTTY back ends) and SOCKS5 runs through one of opportunities of OpenSSH (ad hoc SOCKS proxy server). I like SSH!

Don't forget to Subscribe to Hide IP Soft by Email for FREE


7 comments:

  1. I dont get it, well I kinda do.. but I dont have a server to set this up on, any idea.. about the services GoTrusted, Mighty Key, or Secure-Tunnel.com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello anonymous! Well, if you do not own a server, it is hard to protect yourself in the Internet. I'm talking about MyEntunnel software using.

    You may know that if you have something for free, you should try hard to make this work.

    So, the best way for unexpirienced users as I said in some posts on my blog, is to use Hide IP Soft. They help you to hide IP and secure all the data that you send/receive through the Internet.

    You may choose any Hide IP Soft that you'd like. You may see the full list of Hide IP Soft.

    As for me, my favorite one is SmartHide. It uses VPN and unique server all over the world (not proxies). Therefore, it hides IP address and encoding all data.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is SmartHide a free service?.. are there any servers that my info, history or account name could be compromised, by them, hacker or government?

    Its all a real headache, I was looking at GoTrusted til i read their disclaimer. bahh. Tor sounds like a good idea, but cant use it with bittorrent, and its slow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also.. creating your own server/isp provider.. I duno blue host or gator hosting, I setup a server on their end, or I create a custom server with a 2nd computer, and I do what you said "above" But isnt that still tracable back to me? Its still my server online or some server box tied to "my" internet.

    Ive also heard you can make a VPN over Hamachi, but I am unsure as to how. Hamachi works well is awesome, but I have so many doubts.. I really dont know where or what to trust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. >Is SmartHide a free service?.

    Currently they have no even a free trial, that I think is not a good thing because manu users do not want to pay for a service that they are not able to try before.

    Another good point here is that you may order SmartHide Prepaid License for one month (without monthly automated charges) and try all its servers (it's 10 bucks) then if you do not wish to use it anymore (for some reason), you may easily refund all your money but only during 30 days, (as I did when I tried it first time, then I purchased a Personal Subscription to use torrents)

    >are there any servers that my info, history or account name could be compromised, by them, hacker or government?

    That's interesting question :-)

    What I know is that such companies may write different things in thei privacy policy and terms of use, but I'm sure that they have no time to track any user who use their service (even if it is automated, there's no need to provide users' info to third parties because they have enough money from these users :-) )

    I found out that they have real servers from different parts of the World (these are not public Proxy Servers) and this is the greatest thing about this service.

    Also they say that all data is encoded with the help of their supper algos :-) I suppose they use VPN for these purposes. But I mean this is nevertheless a great point when we are speaking about Internet security.

    >Tor sounds like a good idea, but cant use it with bittorrent, and its slow.

    Tor is free, that's why all servers are slow, and you may not use it for torrent sharing.

    The fastest server that I may found for now is SmartHide Personal IP. It also makes possible to share torrents (Bittorent and Utorrent)


    >I have so many doubts.. I really dont know where or what to trust.

    Probably, that is the most widespread thing that I hear all over the Internet and I think that it is high time to understand that if we want something work well, we need try hard to make it work as we want.

    About your issue:

    "MyEntunnel is just GUI for plink utility (a command-line interface to the PuTTY back ends) and SOCKS5 runs through one of opportunities of OpenSSH (ad hoc SOCKS proxy server). I like SSH!"

    Therefore, you have to use all the methods altogether to make it work well.

    That's the right spirit!!! :-)

    Have other questions? Ask me, I will answer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to hide my IP since I work for as a chat support agent for a website. I need to hide my IP address. How do I go about doing that? Thank you! This is really helpful!
    vpn

    ReplyDelete